1. Short title, commencement and application.-
(1) These regulations may be called the Punjab Public Service Commission (Group-B) Service Regulations, 2018.
(2) They shall come into force on and with effect from the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
(3) They shall apply to the posts specified in Appendix ‘A’.
In these regulations, unless the context otherwise requires,-
(a) “Appendix” means an Appendix appended to these regulations;
(b) “Commission” means the Punjab Public Service Commission;
(c) “Government” means the Government of the State of Punjab in the Department of Personnel; and
(d) “Service” means the Punjab Public Service Commission (Group-B) Service.
3. Number and character of posts.-
The Service shall comprise the posts specified in Appendix ‘A’:
Provided that nothing in these regulations shall affect the inherent right of the Government to add to or reduce the number of such posts or to create new posts with different designations and scales of pay, whether permanently or temporarily.
4. Appointing Authority.-
Appointment to the Service shall be made by the Government.
5. Method of appointment, qualifications and experience.-
(1) Appointment to the post in the Service shall be made in the manner, as specified against that post in Appendix ‘B’:
Provided that if no suitable candidate is available for appointment to the Service by promotion or by direct appointment, as the case may be, then the appointment to the Service shall be made by transfer of a person holding an analogous post under the State Government or Government of India.
(2) No person shall be appointed to a post in the Service, unless he possesses the qualification and experience as specified against that post in Appendix ‘B’.
(3) Appointment to the Service by promotion shall be made on seniority-cum-merit basis, but no person shall have any right to claim promotion on the basis of seniority alone.
6. Pay of members of the Service.-
The members of the Service shall be entitled to such scales of pay, as may be authorised by the Government of Punjab in the Department of Finance from time to time. The scales of pay, at present, in force in respect of the members of the Service are given in Appendix ‘A’.
7. Discipline, punishment and appeal.-
(1) In the matters of discipline, punishment and appeal, the members of the Service shall be governed by the Punjab Civil Services (Punishment and Appeal) Rules, 1970, as amended from time to time.
(2) The authority empowered to impose penalties, as specified in rule 5 of the Punjab Civil Services (Punishment and Appeal) Rules, 1970, in respect of the members of the Service, shall be the Government.
8. Application of the Punjab Civil Services (General and Common Conditions of Service) Rules, 1994.-
(1) In respect of the matters which are not specifically provided in these regulations, the members of the Service shall be governed by the Punjab Civil Services (General and Common Conditions of Service) Rules, 1994, as amended from
time to time.
(2) The Punjab Civil Services (General and Common Conditions of Service) Rules, 1994 at present in force, are contained in Appendix ‘C’.
If any question arises as to the interpretation of these regulations, the Government, in consultation with the Department of Personnel, shall decide the same.
10. Repeal and Saving.-
The Punjab Public Service Commission (Group-‘B’) Service Regulations, 2012, are hereby repealed:
Provided that any order issued or any action taken under the regulations so repealed, shall be deemed to have been issued or taken under the corresponding provisions of these regulations.
Download: Full PDF with APPENDIX
Leave a Reply