Government of Punjab
Department of Finance
(Finance Budget-II Branch)
The 27th September, 2018
No. G.S.R.73/P.A.11/2003/S.7/2018.- In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (2) of section 7 of the Punjab Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act, 2003 (Punjab Act No. 11 of 2003), and all other powers enabling him in this behalf, the Governor of Punjab is pleased to make the following rules, to carry out the purposes of the said Act, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.-
(1) These rules may be called the Punjab Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Rules, 2018.
(2) They shall come into force on and with effect from the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
(1) In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires,-
(a) “Act” means the Punjab Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act, 2003;
(b) “Form” means a Form appended to these rules; and
(c) “section” means a section of the Act.
(2) The Words and expressions used in these rules, but not defined, shall have the same meaning as assigned to them in the Act.
Section 3(5) of the Act
3. Medium-term Fiscal Policy Statement.- 3
The Medium term Fiscal Policy Statement to be laid by the State Government shall be in Form I.
Section 3(2) and 5(2)(a) of the Act
4. Fiscal indicators.-
The State Government shall cause to lay a statement of fiscal indicators as per Form II.
5. Medium Term Expenditure Framework.-
The State Government may issue appropriate directions, as it deems fit, to any or all of its departments for the preparation of Medium Term Expenditure Framework providing for expected expenditure growth over 3-5 years. The framework shall include the measures contemplated by the department to rationalise its expenditure and reduce its expenditure.
(2) The concerned department shall, after the approval of its Medium Term Expenditure Framework by the State Government, ensure its implementation in the time period defined in the framework.
(3) The concerned department shall, in case of its failure to implement the Medium Term Expenditure Framework in the defined timeline, cause to lay a report before the State Legislature, containing reasons thereof for its failure and plan to achieve the said remaining targets and the time period to achieve it within one year of the completion of time period of the said Medium Term Expenditure Framework. The report shall specifically contain the comments of the State Government and action taken/proposed to be taken by the department, if any, on such comments.
(4) The State Government may, if it deems fit, advise any or all of its departments to prioritise gender, weaker sections based budgeting in its Medium Term Expenditure Framework.
6. Disclosures of statements.-
The State Government shall cause to disclose the following statements at the time of the presentation of its annual budget before the Punjab Legislative Assembly, namely.-
a) a statement showing the summary of the Financial Position of the State in Form III ;
b) a statement showing the Analysis of State Tax Revenue in Form IV;
c) a statement showing the Analysis of Non Tax Revenue in Form V;
d) a statement showing the Analysis of Development Expenditure on Revenue Account in Form VI;
e) a statement showing the Analysis of Non-Development Expenditure on Revenue Account in Form VII;
f) a statement showing the Analysis of Receipts and Disbursements on Capital Account in Form VIII;
g) a statement showing the Transfer of Resources from Centre to the State in Form IX;
h) a statement showing the Central Assistance for Punjab in Form X;
i) a statement showing the Analysis of Debt Position in Form XI;
j) a statement showing the Number of employees in the Government/ Public Sector Undertakings/Government aided institutions in Form XII;
k) a statement showing the analysis of Expenditure on Salaries, Wages, Pension & Retirement Benefits and Interest in Form XIII; and
l) a statement showing the Position of Outstanding Government Guarantee in Form XIV.
Section 6(1) and of the Act
The State Government shall cause to lay the outcome of the review of the trends in receipt and expenditure in relation to the budget after every quarter before the Punjab Legislative Assembly in Form XV.
Section 6(7) of the Act
8. Periodic review by an independent external agency.-
The State Government shall take up with Comptroller and Auditor General of India on annual basis, for periodic review of compliance of the provisions of the Act by the State Government.
Section 7 of the Act
9. Powers to relax.-
Where the State Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any item or category of persons.
Section 7 of the Act
If any question arises as to the interpretation of these rules, the State Government shall decide the same.
|Form I||Form II||Form III|
|Form IV||Form V||Form VI|
|Form VII||Form VIII||Form IX|
|Form X||Form XI||Form XII|
|Form XIII||Form XIV||Form XV|