The Punjab Water Regulation and Development Authority (Advisory Committee) Regulations, 2020
The 22nd December, 2020
No. 45973: PWRDA-PWRD0GENL/4/2020-PWRDA-BR-Part(1)/I/16449/2020-(7).- In exercise of powers conferred under Section 36 read with section 12 of the Punjab Water Resources (Management and Regulation) Act, 2020 (2 of 2020) and all other powers enabling it in this behalf, the Punjab Water Regulation and Development Authority hereby makes the following Regulations for establishment and functioning of the Punjab State Advisory Committee on Water Resources.
1. Short title and commencement:-
(1) These Regulations shall be called the Punjab Water Regulation and Development Authority (Advisory Committee) Regulations, 2020.
(2) These Regulations shall come into force from the date of their publication in the official gazette of the State of Punjab.
(3) These Regulations shall extend to the whole of the State of Punjab.
(1) In these Regulations unless the context otherwise requires:
(a) ‘Act’ means the Punjab Water Resources (Management and Regulation) Act, 2020;
(b) ‘Committee’ means the Advisory Committee constituted under Section 12 of the Act;
(2) Words and expressions used and not defined herein but defined in the Act shall have the meaning assigned to them in the Act.
3. Constitution of the Committee:-
The Committee shall consist of:-
(1) Chairperson of the Authority – Chair
(2) Members of the Authority. – Members
(3) Five experts appointed by the Government. – Members
(4) Ten ex-officio members from Government Departments. – Members
(5) Secretary of the Authority. – Member Secretary
4. Secretary of the Committee:-
The Secretary of the Authority shall be the Secretary to the Committee. He shall not be eligible for any extra remuneration on account of this additional work.
5. Objects of the Committee:-
The objects of the Committee shall be:-
(1) to discharge such functions as mentioned in the Act.
(2) any other matter which the Authority may refer to it for advice.
6. Proceedings of the Committee:-
(1) The Secretary shall convene meetings of the Committee with the permission of the Chair person and issue notice and agenda of the meeting.
(2) The proceedings of every meeting of the Committee shall be recorded and shall be signed by the Chairperson of the meeting.
(3) The Committee shall meet as frequently as required and at least once in every six months. Meetings may be held by electronic means including video conference or conference call.
(4) The Chairperson of the Authority shall preside over every meeting of the Committee. In his absence, the senior Member of the Authority present shall preside over the meeting.
(5) All meetings of the Committee shall be held at the office of the Authority unless the Chairperson otherwise directs.
(6) The quorum at the meeting of the Committee shall be one third of the total members of the Committee including ex-officio Members. If the quorum is not complete within 30 minutes of the time notified for a meeting, the Chairperson may adjourn the meeting. No further notice need be given for an adjourned meeting and also no quorum is necessary for the adjourned meeting. If at any time after a meeting is commenced, quorum ceases to exist, the meeting shall not be dissolved but shall continue.
(7) No matter shall be considered at an adjourned meeting other than matters pending from the meeting at which the adjournment took place, provided that, with or without notice, the Chairperson may bring, or direct to be brought, any new matter which in his opinion is urgent, before an adjourned meeting of the Committee.
(8) No proceedings of the Committee shall be invalid by reason of vacancies existing in the Committee, or by reason of non receipt of the notice or agenda, provided the notice and agenda were duly issued, or by reason of any procedural irregularity in the conduct of proceedings of the meeting.
(9) A notice shall be deemed duly issued if it is sent by email or by post or by messenger, within the prescribed time to the email address or postal address of a Member.
(10) Additional matters to the agenda may be placed in a meeting with the permission of the Chairperson.
(11) Attendance by proxy shall not be permitted at a meeting of the Committee.
(12) Except as provided for in these Regulations, the decision of the Chairperson on all matters relating to the conduct of proceedings during the meeting shall be final.
7. Fees and Travelling Allowance for Members of the Committee:-
A Member of the Committee who is not a Government servant or an employee of a Public Sector Undertaking shall be entitled to receive for each day on which a meeting is held and he is present, a traveling allowance at the rate admissible to Grade-A officers of the Government and a sitting fee as approved by the Authority.
8. Resignation or Cessation of the Members:-
(1) A Member of the Committee other than an ex-officio Member may, by written communication, addressed to the Secretary of the Authority resign his office as a Member of the Committee and it shall come into effect from the day the Government accepts the same.
(2) An Expert Member who fails to attend three consecutive meetings of the Committee shall forthwith cease to be a Member of the Committee.
9. Removal of Difficulties:-
If any difficulty arises in giving effect to any of the provisions of these Regulations, the Authority may, by general or special order, do or undertake or permit the Committee to do or undertake things which in the opinion of the Authority are necessary or expedient for removing these difficulties.
This notification is issued with the concurrence of Water Resources Department vide letter no. PWRDA-PWRD0GENL/4/2020-PWRDA BRANCH/I/103369/2020 Dated 12.11.2020.
(ARUNJIT SINGH MIGLANI),
Chandigarh Punjab Water Resources and
Dated 21st December, 2020 Development Authority.