The Punjab Town Improvement Act, 1922
Punjab Act 4 of 1922
1. Title, extent and commencement.
3. Creation and incorporation of trust.
3-A. New trusts. 4. Appointment of trustees during supersession of Municipal Committees.
4-A. Appointment of trustees during supersession of Municipal Committees.
4-B. Appointment of trustees during suspension of Municipal Committees.
4-C. Appointment of trustees where no Corporation is constituted.
5. Term of office of Chairman.
6. Term of office of other trustees.
7. Resignation of trustees.
8. Filling of casual vacancies.
9. Remuneration of Chairman and trustees.
10. Removal of trustees.
11. Disabilities of trustees removed under section 10.
12. Meetings of trust.
13. Temporary association of members with the trust for particular purposes.
14. Constitution and functions of committees.
15. Meetings of committees.
16. Trustees and associated members of trust or committee not to take part in proceedings in which they are personally interested.
17. Constitution of Trust Services.
18. Power of trust to fix number and salaries of its servants.
19. Control by chairman.
20. Delegation of certain of chairman’s functions.
21. Supply of information and documents to the Government.
22. Matters to be provided for by general improvement scheme or rebuilding scheme.
23. Street schemes and deferred street schemes.
24. Development and expansion schemes.
25. Housing accommodation scheme.
26. Rehousing scheme.
27. Rehousing of displaced resident house-owners.
28. Combination of schemes and matters which may be provided for in scheme.
29. Effect of prescribing a street alignment on powers of municipal committee.
30. Powers of trust to set back or forward buildings adjacent to the street alignment.
31. Prohibition of building beyond a street alignment.
32. Acquisition of property affected by deferred scheme.
33. Official representation.
34. Consideration of official representation.
35. Matters to be considered when framing improvement Schemes.
36. Preparation, publication and transmission of notice as to improvement schemes, and supply of documents to applicant
37. Transmission to trust of representation by committee as to improvement scheme.
38. Notice of proposed acquisition of land.
39. Furnishing of information available in municipal records.
40. Abandonment of scheme, or application to State Government to sanction it.
41. Power to sanction, reject or return scheme.
42. Notification of sanction of scheme.
43. Alteration of scheme after sanction.
44. Inclusion of different localities in combined scheme.
45. Transfer to trust of building or land vested in municipal committee for purposes of scheme.
46. Transfer of private street to trust for purposes for scheme.
47. Provision of drain or water-work to replace another situated on land vested in the trust under section 45 or section 46.
48. Power of trust to make and deal with public street.
49. Power under the Municipal Act vested in the trust.
50. Limitation of powers of trust under section 49.
50-A. Power to levy betterment contribution.
50-B. Principles for calculating betterment contribution.
50-C. Assessment and collection of betterment contribution.
50-D. Option of any objecting owner to require the trust to acquire his property.
51. Power of the trust to facilitate movement of population.
52. Power to make surveys or contribute towards their cost.
53. Power of entry.
54. Reference of disputes to tribunal.
55. Vesting in committee of streets laid out or altered, and open spaces provided by the trust under a scheme.
56. Abandonment of acquisition in consideration of special payment.
57. Agreement or payment under section 56 not a bar to acquisition under a fresh declaration.
58. Tribunal to be constituted.
59. Modification of the Land Acquisition Act, 1894.
60. Constitution of tribunal.
61. Remuneration of members of tribunal.
62. Officers and servants of tribunals.
63. Mode of payment.
64. Powers to make rules for tribunals.
65. Award to tribunal how to be determined.
66. Application of Act to acquisition by other local authorities.
67. Power of trust to borrow money.
68. Contribution by municipal committee.
69. Custody and investment of trust funds.
69-A. Application of trust funds.
70. Procedure if the trust fails to make any payment in respect of loans of the trust.
71. Procedure if chairman of boards fails to make any payment due to Accountant-General.
72. Payment by State Government to be a charge on the property of the trust.
72-A. Liability of trustees for surcharge.
72-B. Power to suspend any resolution or order of trust.
72-C. Power to provide for performance of duties in case of default of trust.
72-D. Action of Deputy Commissioner to be immediately reported.
72-E. Power of State Government and its officers over trusts.
72-EB. Power to issue directions by State Government.
72-EC. Power to provide for enforcement of direction under section 72- EB.
72-F. Suspension and supersession of trusts.
73. Power of State Government to make rules.
74. Power of the trust to make rules.
75. Printing and sale of copies of rules.
76. Power of State Government to cancel rules made under section 74.
77. Stamping signature on notices or bills.
78. Method of giving.
79. Service of notice.
80. Disobedience to Act or to notice.
81. Powers of trust to execute works on failure to comply with notice.
82. Liability of occupier to pay in default of owner.
83. Right of occupier to execute works in default of owners.
84. Procedure upon opposition to execution by occupier.
85. Recovery of cost of work by the occupier.
86. Recovery of expenses of removal by trust.
87. Relief to agents and trustees.
88. Application of section 222, Municipal Act.
89. Penalty for removing fence, etc., in street.
90. Power to prevent or demolish building in contravention of sections 30 and 31.
91. Penalty for obstructing contractor or removing mark.
92. Recovery of money due to trust.
93. Trustees, etc. deemed public servants.
94. Contributions by Trust towards leave allowances and pensions of servants of the Government
95. Authority for prosecutions.
96. Powers of chairman as to institution, etc., of legal proceedings and obtaining legal advice.
97. Indemnity to trust, etc.
98. Notice of suit against trustee, etc.
99. Mode of proof of trust records.
100. Restriction on the summoning of trust servants to produce documents.
101. Validation of Acts and proceedings.
102. General power of trust to pay compensation.
103. Ultimate dissolution of trust, and transfer or its assets and liabilities to the committee.