Punjab Printing & Stationery Department (Group -A) Service Rules, 2016
1. Short title, commencement and application:-
- These Rules may be called the Punjab Printing and Stationery Department (Group -‘ A’) Service
- They shall come into force on and with effect from the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
- They shall apply to posts specified in Appendix ‘A’.
(1) In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires,-
- ‘Appendix’ means an Appendix appended to these Rules;
- ‘Government’ means the Government of the State of Punjab in the Department of Printing and Stationery; and
- ‘Service’ means the Punjab Printing and Stationery Department
(Group ‘A’) Service.
3. Number and Character of posts:-
The Service shall comprise the posts shown in Appendix ‘A’:
Provided that nothing in these rules shall affect the inherent right of the Government to add or to reduce the number of such posts or to create new posts with different designations and scales of pay, whether permanently or temporarily.
4. Appointing authority:-
Appointment to the Service shall be made by the Government.
5. Method of appointment, qualifications and experience:-
(1) Appointment to the post in the Service shall be made in the manner specified in Appendix ‘B’:
Provided that if no suitable candidate is available for appointment to the Service by promotion and by direct recruitment, then appointment to the Service shall be made by transfer of a person holding analogous
post under the State Government or Government of India.
(2) No person shall be appointed to a post in the Service unless he possesses the qualifications and experience as specified against that post in Appendix ‘B’.
(3) Appointment to the Service by promotion shall be made on seniority-cum merit-basis, but no person shall have any right to claim promotion on the basis of seniority alone.
6. Pay of members of Service:-
The members of the Service shall be entitled to such scales of pay, as may be authorized by the Punjab Government from time to time. The scales of pay, at present, in force in respect of the members of the Service are given in Appendix ‘A’.
7. Discipline, Punishment and appeal:-
(1) In the matters of discipline, punishment and appeal, the members of the Service shall be governed by the Punjab Civil Services (Punishment and Appeal) Rules, 1970, as amended from time to time.
(2) The authority empowered to impose penalties, as specified in Rule 5 of the Punjab Civil Services (Punishment and Appeal) Rules, 1970, in respect of the members of the Service shall be the Government.
8. Application of the Punjab Civil Services (General and Common Conditions of Service) Rules, 1994:-
(1) In respect of the matters, which are not specifically provided in these rules, the members of the Service shall be governed by the Punjab Civil Services (General and Common Conditions of Service) Rules, 1994, as amended from time to time. (2) The Punjab Civil Services (General and Common Conditions of Service) Rules, 1994, at present in force are contained in Appendix ‘C’.
9. Repeal and saving:-
The Punjab Printing and Stationery Department Service (State Service, Class I and II) Rules, 1962, in so far as they are applicable to the members of the Service, are hereby repealed: Provided that any order issued or any action taken under the rules so repealed, shall be deemed to have been issued or taken under the corresponding provisions of these rules.
If any question arises as to the interpretation of these rules, the Government, in consultation with the Department of Personnel shall decide the same.
Download: Original Rule