The Punjab Land Revenue Act, 1887
1. Title, extent and commencement.
4. Exclusion of certain land from operation of Act.
5. Power to vary limits and alter number of tahsils, districts, and divisions.
Classes and Powers
6. Classes of revenue-officers.
7. Financial Commissioners.
8. Appointment of Commissioners and of Deputy, Assistant and Extra Assistant Commissioners.
9. Appointment of Tahsildars and Naib-Tahsildars.
10. Powers of Revenue-officers.
11. Superintendence and control of Revenue-officers.
12. Power to distribute business and withdraw and transfer cases.
14. Limitation for appeals.
15. Review by Revenue-officers.
16. Power to call for, examine and revise proceedings of Revenue-officers.
17. Power to make rules as to procedure.
18. Persons by whom appearances and applications may be made before and to Revenue-officers.
19. Power of Revenue-officer to summon persons.
20. Mode of service of summons.
21. Mode of service of notice, order or proclamation or copy thereof.
22. Mode of making proclamation.
23. Place of sitting.
25. Discharge of duties of Collector dying or being disabled.
26. Retention of powers by Revenue-officers on transfer.
27. Conferment of powers of Revenue-officers
KANUNGOS, ZAILDARS, INAMDARS AND VILLAGE-OFFICERS
28. Rules respecting kanungos, zaildars, inamdars and village-officers.
29. Village-officers’ cess.
30. Restriction on attachment or assignment of remuneration of kanungos and Village-officers.
31. Record-of-rights and documents included therein.
32. Making of special revision of record-of-rights.
33. Annual record.
34. Making of that part of the annual record which relates to land-owners, assignees of revenue and occupancy tenants.
35. Making of that part of the annual record which relates to other persons.
36. Determination of disputes.
37. Restrictions on variations of entries in records.
38. Mutation fees.
39. Penalty for neglect to report acquisition of any right refered to in section 34.
40. Obligation to furnish information necessary for the preparation of records.
41. Rights of the Government in mines and minerals.
42. Presumption as to ownership of forests, quarries and waste lands.
43. Compensation for infringement of rights of third parties in exercise of a right of the Government.
44. Presumption in favour of entries in records-of-rights and annual records.
45. Suit for declaratory decree by person aggrieved by an entry in a record.
46. Powers to make rules respecting records and other matters connected therewith.
47. Record-of-rights and annual records for groups of estates.
48. Assessment of land revenue.
48-A Basis of assessment.
48-B Limit of assessment.
49. Notification of intended re-assessment and instruction as to principles of assessment.
50. Mode of determining assessment.
51. Announcement of assessment.
52. Application for re-consideration of assessment.
53. Confirmation and duration of assessment.
53-A. Duration of assessment.
54. Assessment to remain in force till new assessment takes effect;
55. Refusal to be liable for assessment and consequence thereof.
56. Distribution of the assessment of an estate over the holdings comprised therein.
57. Application for amendment of the distribution of an assessment.
58. Appeals from orders under sections 52 and 57.
59. Special Assessment.
60. Power to make rules.
60-A. Procedure to be followed in making rules.
60- B Rules and executive instructions issued before commencement of Punjab Land Revenue (Amendment) Act, 1928, to be followed for the purpose of Assessment operations begun before issue of rules under the provisions of Section 60-A. 60-C Power to issue instructions.
Collection of Land Revenue
61. Security for payment of land revenue.
62. Further security for payment of land revenue.
63. Orders to regulate payment of land revenue.
64. Rules to regulate collection, remission and suspension of land revenue.
65. Costs recoverable as part of arrears.
66. Certified account to be evidence as to arrears.
67. Process for recovery of arrears.
68. Writ of demand.
69. Arrest and detention of defaulter.
70. Distress and sale of moveable property and crops.
71. Transfer of holding.
72. Attachment of estate or holding.
73. Annulment of assessment of estate or holding.
74. Proceedings of attachment or annulment of assessment, and consequences of the proclamation.
75. Sale of estate or holding.
76. Effect of sale on encumbrances.
77. Proceedings against other immovable property of defaulter.
78. Remedies open to person denying his liability for an arrear.
79. Proclamation of sale.
80. Indemnity to Revenue-officer with respect to contents of proclamation.
81. Publication of proclamation.
82. Time and conduct of sale.
83. Power to postpone sale.
84. Stay of sale.
85. Payment of deposit by highest bidder.
86. Consequences of failure to pay deposit.
87. [Exercise of rights of pre-emption.] Repealed.
88. Time for payment in full.
89. Procedure in default of payment.
90. Report of sale to Commissioner.
91. Application to set aside sale.
92. Order confirming or setting aside sale.
93. Refund of purchase-money on setting aside of sale.
94. Proclamation of sale, possession and certificate to be granted to purchaser.
95. On confirmation of sale, possession and certificate to be granted to purchaser.
96. Proceeds of sale.
RECOVERY OF OTHER DEMANDS BY REVENUE –OFFICERS
97. Recovery of certain arrears through Revenue-officer instead of by suit.
98. Other sums recoverable as arrears of land-revenue.
99. Application of Chapter VI to sums recoverable under this Chapter.
SURVEYS AND BOOUNDARIES
100. Power of Financial Commissioner to make rules for demarcation of boundaries and erection of survey marks.
101. Power of Revenue-officers to define boundaries.
101-A Power to fix boundaries between riverain estates.
101-B Effect of fixing a boundary between riverain estates.
101-C Application for immediate transfer of rights reserved under the proviso to sub-section (1) of section 101-B, upon payment of compensation and procedure thereupon. Award of compensation and extinguishments of rights thereby.
101-D Order under proviso to section 101-B (1) to cease to apply to rights voluntarily transferred to landowner of the estate to which land is transferred by fixing boundary.
101-E Rights transferred to be liable to all the incidents of tenure of estate to which transfer is made.
101-F Meaning o expression “Collector” in sections 101-A, 101-B and 101-C.
102. Cost of erection and repair of survey marks.
103. Recovery of cost incurred by the Government.
104. Power of Revenue-offices to enter on land for purposes of survey and demarcation.
105. Surveys for purposes of preparation of records.
106. Provision of flag-holders and chainmen for those surveys.
107. Professional surveys.
108. Penalty for destruction, injury or removal of survey marks.
109. Report of destruction or removal of or injury to survey marks.
110. Effect of partitions of estates and tenancies on joint liability for revenue and rent.
111. Application for partition.
112. Restrictions and limitations on partition.
113. Notice of application for partition.
114. Addition of parties to application.
115. Absolute dis allowances of partition.
116. Procedure on admission of application.
117. Disposal of questions as to title in property to be divided.
118. Disposal of other questions.
119. Administration of property excluded from partition.
120. Distribution of revenue and rent after partition.
121. Instrument of partition.
123. Affirmation of partition privately effected.
124. Power to make rules as to costs of partitions.
125. Re-distribution of land according to custom.
126. Revenue-officers empowered to act under this chapter.
127. Power to refer to arbitration.
128. Order of reference and contents thereof.
129. Nomination of arbitrators.
130. Substitution of arbitrators by parties.
131. Nomination and substitution of arbitrators by Revenue-officers.
132. Process for appearance before arbitrators.
133. Award of arbitrators and presentation thereof.
134. Procedure on presentation of award.
135. Effect of award.
SPECIAL JURISDICTION WITH RESPECT TO LAND
136. Power to invest officers making records-of-rights or general reassessments with power of Civil Courts.
137. Control offer such officers and appeals from and revision of their decrees and orders.
138. Power to deposit certain sums other than rent.
139. Procedure in case of deposit on account of a payment due to Government.
140. Procedure in case of other deposits.
141. Orders of Civil and Criminal Courts for execution of processes against land or the produce thereof to be addressed to a Revenue-officer.
142. Attachment of assigned land-revenue.
143. Preservation of attached produce.
144. Division of produce.
145. Village cases.
146. Superior land-owner’s dues.
147. Substitution of service for payment of land-revenue.
148. Recovery of cost of assessing assigned land-revenue.
149. Penalty for failure to attend within limits of estate in obedience to order of Revenue-officers.
150. Prevention of encroachment on common lands.
151. Papers kept by village-officers to be deemed public documents.
153. Computation of periods limited for appeals and applications for review.
154. Restriction on Revenue-officers bidding at auctions or trading.
155. Power to make rules.
156. Rules to be made after previous publication.
157. Powers exercise able by the Financial Commissioner from time to time.
158. Exclusion of jurisdiction of Civil Courts in matters within the jurisdiction of Revenue-officers.
Download: This Act PDF
Gurbhej singh says
Dist.- tarn taran
Sub. Teh. Chola sahib
Village chak sarhali
Sadi iss chak di 2016-2017 di jamabandi online show nai ho rahi
Please up lord keeti jave
Parmeen kaur says
Please give me notes in punjabi medium of land revenue act 1887