Punjab Health & Family Welfare Technical (Group ‘A’) Service Rules, 2017
1. Short title, commencement and application:-
(1)These rules may be called the Punjab Health and Family Welfare Technical (Group ‘A’) Service Rules, 2017.
(2) They shall come into force on and with effect from the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
(3) They shall apply to the posts specified in Appendix ‘A’.
(1) In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires,-
(a) `Appendix` means an Appendix, appended to these rules ;
(b) `Government` means the Government of the State of Punjab in the Department of Health and Family Welfare ; and
(c) `Service` means the Punjab Health and Family Welfare Technical (Group-‘A’) Service.
3. Number and character of posts:-
The Service shall comprise the posts specified in Appendix ‘A’:
Provided that nothing in these rules shall affect the inherent right of the Government to add to or reduce the number of such posts or to create new posts with different designations and scales of pay, whether permanently or temporarily.
4. Appointing Authority:-
All appointments to the Service shall be made by the Government.
5. Method of appointment, qualifications and experience:–
(1) Appointment to the Service shall be made in the manner, as specified in Appendix ‘B’:
Provided that if no suitable candidate is available for appointment by promotion, then appointment to the Service shall be made by transfer of a person holding a similar or an identical post under the State Government or Government of India.
(2) No person shall be appointed to any post in the Service, unless he possesses the qualifications and experience, as specified against that post in appendix ‘B’.
(3) Appointment to the Service by promotion shall be made on the basis of seniority cum-merit, but no person shall have any right to claim promotion on the basis of seniority alone.
6. Pay of members of the Service:-
The members of the Service shall be entitled to such scales of pay, as may be authorized by the Government of Punjab in the Department of Finance from time to time. The scales of pay, at present in force, in respect of the members of the Service, are given in Appendix `A`.
7. Discipline, punishment and appeal:-
(1) In the matters of discipline, punishment and appeal, the members of the Service shall be governed by the Punjab Civil Services (Punishment and Appeal) Rules, 1970, as amended from time to time.
(2) The authority empowered to impose penalties, as specified in rule 5 of the Punjab Civil Services (Punishment and Appeal) Rules, 1970, in respect of the members of the Service, shall be the Government.
8. Application of the Punjab Civil Services (General and Common Conditions of Service) Rules, 1994.–
(1) In respect of the matters, which are not specifically provided in these rules, the members of the Service shall be governed by the provisions of the Punjab Civil Services (General and Common Conditions of Service) Rules, 1994, as amended from time to time.
(2) The Punjab Civil Services (General and Common Conditions of Service) Rules, 1994, at present in force, are contained in Appendix ‘C’.
9. Repeal and saving:-
The Punjab Medical and Health Department Nursing Superintendents, Matrons, Sister Tutors, Public Health Nurses (Teaching) and Nursing Sisters, Public Health Nurses, Staff Nurses and Male Nurses (State Service Class III) Rules, 1964, the Punjab Health (Nursing Service Class II) Rules, 1983 and the Punjab Health and Family Welfare (Group ‘A’) Service Rules, 2001, in so far as they are applicable to the members of the Service, are hereby repealed:
Provided that any order issued or any action taken under the rules so repealed, shall be deemed to have been issued or taken under the corresponding provisions of these rules.
If any question arises as to the interpretation of these rules, the Government, in consultation with the Department of Personnel, shall decide the same.
Download: PDF file