Punjab Cooperative Audit (Group ‘B’) Service Rules, 2016
1. Short title, commencement and application.-
(1) These rules may be called the Punjab Cooperative Audit (Group ‘B’) Service Rules, 2016.
(2) They shall come into force on and with effect from the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
(3) They shall apply to the posts specified in Appendix ‘A’.
In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires,-
(a) “Appendix” means an Appendix, appended to these rules;
(b) “Chief Auditor” means the Chief Auditor, Cooperative Societies, Punjab;
(c) “Government” means the Government of the State of Punjab in the Department of Cooperation; and
(d) “Service” means the Punjab Cooperative Audit (Group ‘B’) Service.
3. Number and character of posts.-
The Service shall comprise the posts shown in Appendix ‘A’:
Provided that nothing in these rules shall affect the inherent right of the Government to add or to reduce the number of such posts or to create new posts with different designations and scales of pay whether permanently or temporarily.
4. Appointing authority.-
Appointment to the Service shall be made by the Government.
5. Pay of members of the Service.-
The members of the Service, shall be entitled to such scales of pay, as may be determined by the Department of Finance from time to time. The scales of pay, at present, in force in respect of the members of the Service are given in Appendix ‘A’ :
6. Method of appointment, qualifications and experience.-
(1) Appointment to a post in the Service shall be made in the manner, specified in Appendix ‘B’:
Provided that if, no suitable candidate is available for appointment to the
Service by promotion and by direct recruitment, the appointment to the Service shall be made by transfer of a person holding analogous post under the State Government or Government of India.
(2) No person shall be appointed to any post in the Service, unless he possesses the qualification and experience, as specified against that post in Appendix ‘B’ .
(3) Appointment to the Service by promotion shall be made on seniority-cum-merit basis, and no person shall have any right to claim promotion on the basis of seniority alone.
7. Departmental Examination and Training:-
(1) In the case of Audit Officer, appointed by direct recruitment or by promotion, unless exempted by the Government, shall pass the examination in accounts and Punjab Civil Services Rules in accordance with the syllabus as may be specified by the Government.
(2) In case of Inspector Audit, Cooperative Societies, every newly appointed member of the Service shall have to undergo in service training as may specified by the Government from time to time.
8. Discipline, punishment and appeal:-
(1) In the matters of discipline, punishment and appeal, the member of the Service shall be governed by the Punjab Civil Services (Punishment and Appeal) Rules, 1970, as amended from time to time.
(2) The authority empowered to impose penalties as specified in rule 5 of the Punjab Civil Services (Punishment and Appeal) Rules, 1970, in respect of the members of the Service, shall be Government.
9. Application of the Punjab Civil Services (General and Common Conditions of Service) Rules, 1994:-
(1) In respect of the matters, which are not specifically provided in these rules, the members of the Service shall be governed by the provisions of the Punjab Civil Services (General and Common Conditions of Service) Rules, 1994, as amended from time to time.
(2) The Punjab Civil Services (General and Common Conditions of Service) Rules, 1994, at present in force are contained in Appendix C.
10. Repeal and saving:-
The Punjab Cooperative Audit (Group ‘B’)Service Rules, 2007 and the Punjab Cooperative Audit Department (Ministerial) Class-III Service Rules, 1972, in so far as these are applicable to the members of the Service are hereby repealed :
Provided that any order issued or any action taken under the rules so repealed, shall be deemed to have been issued or taken under the corresponding provisions of these rules.
If any question arises as to the interpretation of these rules, the Government in consultation with the Department of Personnel, shall decide the same.