GOVERNMENT OF PUNJAB
Department of Legal And Legislative Affairs
Punjab Apartment Ownership Act, 1995
Punjab Act No. 13 of 1995
An Act to provide for the ownership of an individual apartment in a building together with and undivided interest in the common areas and facilities appurtenant to such apartment to make such apartment and interest heritable and transferable, to enforce obligations on promoters and apartment owners, and to provide for mattes connected therewith or incidental thereto.
- Short title, extent and commencement.
- Ownership of apartments.
- Common areas and facilities.
- Apartment to be heritable and transferable.
- Ownership of apartment subject to conditions.
- Compliance with convenants and by-laws.
- Purchases of lessees to execute undertaken.
- Benamidar to be deemed real.
- Certain works prohibited.
- Sub-lease and its Branch.
- Encombrance against apartments.
- Conveyance deed of apartment.
- Enforcement of transfer.
- Registration of conveyance deed of apartment.
- Formation of association.
- Co-operative study as association.
- Powers and functions of an association.
- Disposition of property on destruction or damage.
- Control and supersession.
- Common Profits, Common expenses and other matters.
- No waiver of liability.
- Common expenses a charge.
- Liability on transfer, etc.
- Liabilities under other laws.
- Recovery of taxes.
- Powers and duties of the competent authority.
- Appellate authority and appeals.
- Bar of jurisdiction.
- Act binding on apartment owners etc.
- Penalty for breach.
- Power to make rules.