Name of the scheme:- Sainik Scholarship Scheme
1) Objective of the Scheme:-
The scheme was started in 1960 for Armed Force students with an aim to train students so that they can participate in different competitions.
2) Eligibility Criteria/Who can apply:-
This scheme is applicable for students who study in Sainik School kapurthala with specific income limit of parents.
3) Benefits/Assistance given:-
|S.No||Name of the Sainik School||Name of State||
2813-14, 2014-15, 2016-17 & 2017-18
Sainik School Kapurthala
Punjab Govt Scholarship
|Scholarship Type||Income Slab (per annum)||Tuition Fee||Clothing cum Book Allowance||Total|
|Rs. 26,000/-||7000/- (1st year) & 5000/- subsequent years||Rs. 33,000/-(First Year)
Rs. 31,000/- (Subsequent years)
|1/4 S/Ship||Rs.96,001/- to Rs 1,20,000/-||RS. 19,500/-||7000/- (1st year) & 5000/- subsequent years||Rs. 26,500/- (First Year)
Rs. 24,500/- (Subsequent years)
|1/2 S/Ship||Rs.1,20,001/- to RS. 1,44,000/-||Rs. 13,000/-||-Nil-||Rs. 13,000/-|
|1/4 S/Ship||Rs.1,44,001/- to Rs. 1,80,000/-||Rs. 7,500/-||-NII-||Rs. 7,500/-|
4) Format of Application form:- NA
5) List of document required to be submitted by the beneficiary (attach specimen formats as Annexure(s), wherever required:-
(a) Domicile Certificate,
(b) Affidavit of Residential Certificate,
(c) Parent’s Annual Income certificate & Affidavit regarding Income certificate,
(d) Agreement between parents and sainik School society
(e) Bond to be executed by the Parents/Guardian with Punjab State Government.
6) How to Apply/Procedure to submit application:-
The forms of student studying in Sainik School Kapurthala are sent to DPI(SE),Punjab.
7) Where to submit application:-
Student -> School head/principal -> D.P.I(SE)
8) Service delivery time-line:-
After receiving the budget from the Government the bill of Sainik School is submitted to Government Treasury.
9) Formats of sanctions to be received by the beneficiary (to be added as annexure):-
The amount is transferred directly to the bank account of the student.
10) Whom to contact:-
OSD(Scholarship),0/o DGSE, Punjab. Contact no.:- 0172-2234531