Name of scheme:- National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS)
1. Objective of the scheme in brief:-
Under this scheme, it is proposed to award 10,000 scholarships to the gifted or meritorious students whose parental income is not more than 1,50,000/- per annum from all sources.
2. Eligibility criteria/ who can apply:-
Students whose parental income from all sources is not more than 1,50,000 per annum are eligible to avail the scholarships. Benefits/ Assistance given:- One lakh scholarships of Rs. 12000/- per annum (Rs. 1000/- per month) per student are awarded to selected students of class 9th class,10th to 12th for study in State Government, Government aided and local body schools under the scheme.
3. Format of Application Form:-
Available on NSP portal.
4. List of document required to be submitted by the beneficiary (attach specimen formats as Annexure(s), wherever required:-
5. How to apply/ Procedure to submit application:
Student -> School verification -> District level verification -> Submission by states on NSP -> Sancion officer and PFMS -> SBI, New Delhi for disbursement of scholarships
6. Where to submit application :-
To register and apply on National Scholarship Portal(NSP)
7. Service delivery time-line :-
8. Formats of sanctions to be received by the beneficiary (to be added as Annexure)- Direct transfer to students
9. Whom to contact:-
OSD(Scholarship),0/o Director General School Education,Punjab. 0172-2234531