Name of the Scheme :- 55-Award to SC sports students
1. Objective of the scheme in brief:
The aim of this scheme is to inculcate the spirit of competition among Scheduled Castes students in the field of sports. Keeping this in view, this scheme was started during the year 1990-91.
2. Eligibility criteria/who can apply:
Student must belong to SC category and resident of Punjab.In this scheme there is no income limit.
3. Benefits/Assistance given:-
This is a State Plan Scheme. Under this scheme, Scheduled Castes students studying from 6th to 8 th, 9 th to 10th and 11th to 12th classes are awarded @ Rs. 500/-, Rs. 750/- and Rs. 1000/- per annum, per student respectively, who secure first, second and third position amongst Scheduled Castes Students in each educational block and in 5th, 8th and 10th class competition. Consequently, 3 boys and 3 girl students are awarded at each level competition and this award is continued for three year, two years and two years respectively.
4. Format of Application Form(to be attached as Annexure):
5. List of document required to be submitted by the beneficiary(attach specimen formats as Annexure(s), wherever required:
Aadhar Card and Caste Certificate.
6. How to apply/Procedure to submit application:
Student -> School Head/Principal D.E.O (SE) -> D.P.I(SE)
7. Where to submit application:
Student -> School head/principal D.E.O (SE) -> D.P.I(SE)
8. Service delivery time-line: online payment by welfare departments
9. Formats of sanctions to be received by the beneficiary(to be added as-Annexure):
Scholarship Amount online transfer by Welfare Department to the beneficiary
10. Whom to contact:-
OSD(Scholarship),0/o DGSE, Punjab. Contact no.:- 0172-2234531