Government of Punjab
Department of School Education
No. 12/11/2017-4E5(3E5)/ 1466359/1-5
Policy Regarding 2 Years’ Duration
D.P.Ed. Diploma Course Admission,
Admission to Diploma in PhysicaPEducation (D.P.Ed.) Course in Government and Private affiliated institutions as per National Council for Teachers Education (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations 2014 through combined merit based centralized admission process to be undertaken by Director, State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Director Public Instructions Secondary and Elementary Education Punjab, Vidya Bhawan, School Education Board, Block E, 6th Floor, Mohali-160062.
• Admission shall be made on merit as per the policy of the State Government.
• Senior Secondary (10+2) Exam or equivalent passed with minimum 50% marks for General Category and 45% marks for SC/ST Category. No candidate with Re- appear/ Compartment/Result later etc. in qualifying examination shall be eligible to apply.
• Candidates appearing in the 10+2 exam can also apply, subject to above conditions.
• The seats in the private D.P.Ed. institutes duly recognized by NCTE and affiliated with SCERT, Punjab shall be divided in the ratio 60:40. Whereas 40% seats shall be in the management quota for which the institutes shall be free to admit students through an appropriate transparent and fair system duly approved by the SCERT Punjab in advance.
• For the rest of 60% seats, the admission shall be made through Centralized Counselling/Common Entrance Test and Physical Efficiency Test (Canadian1 Fitness Test) to be conducted every year by SCERT, Punjab or any other selection process as per the policy of the State Government. The reservation policy as notified by the Department of welfare shall be applicable.
• If above mentioned 60% of seats are not filled up by SCERT Punjab through Common Entrance Test or otherwise, private D.P.Ed. institutes will be allowed to fill up vacant seats through their own above mentioned system after taking approval from the SCERT.
• No private D.P.Ed. Institutes shall refuse to admit students as a part of any special scheme or measure initiated by the Government of Punjab for admitting 3Iiy special category candidates in D.P.Ed. courses.
• Date of Centralized Counselling/Common Entrance Test and Physical Efficiency Test (Canadian Fitness Test) will be announced by SCERT, Punjab every year.
• After getting recognition from NCTE, private D.P.Ed. Institutes will have to apply for the affiliation one month prior to the last date of application for Centralized Counselling/Common Entrance Test and Physical Efficiency Test (Canadian Fitness Test).
• The Director SCERT, Punjab shall have the power to formulate and implement methodology, fee structure and procedure for centralised Counseling for admission into D.P.Ed. Institutes in Punjab.
Policy to admission to D.P.Ed course for the session 2019-21.
i) Reservation Policy:
Admission to the course Mid seats will be based on the Government/Welfare Department Reservation Policy as under:
|SC (R & 0)||10%|
|General (Ex serviceman)||7%|
|BC (Ex service-man)||2%|
|General (Freedon fighter)||1%|
ii) Admission Criteria:
Physical Efficiency Test (Canadian Test), Academic qualification (on the basis of +2 marks )and on the basis of co-curricular activates according as :
• Weightage to Academic qualification 50% (%age of +2 marks obtained)
• Weightage to Sports qualification 45% (Maximum from 50 marks)
• Weightage to NCC/NSS activities 5% (Maximum from 5 marks)
• The candidate must have passed Punjabi up to Matric level for admission to this course
Physical Efficiency Test (Canadian Test);
• For admission in the course the candidate must have passed Physical Efficiency Test. Candidates who do not qualify the test will be ineligible for admission to this course
• Physical Efficiency Test must be completed in 35 seconds without any mistake. Only two chances will be given for this test. Physical Efficiency test will be as
|Boys/Girls||Long Jump||Vaulting Horse jump||Scaling the pit 7 jumps||Hurdle Jump||Forward role||Weight lifting||Time taken to qualify|
|Ground(Out doors)||Gymnasium (Indoors)|
|Boys||11′-”||5′-0″||6′-0″||3′-6″||F- Roll||100 feet (Boys shall carry a boy weighing Equivalent to their own weight)||35 Seconds||36 Seconds|
|Girls||8′-0″||4′-0″||4′-6″||2′-9″||F- Roll||100 feet (2 Buckets of 15+15 = 30 kg weight each.)||35 Second||36 Second|
Marks of Sports Activities:
Maximum 50 marks will be given for Sports evaluation certificate as given under:
|Participated in International /Arjun Award (Olympic Competitions/ World Championship/ World cup Common wealth)||50|
|Participated in Junior International competitions (National Record holder/ Junior Asian Games / Junior world cup/ Junior World Championship||48|
|Safe games for national tournaments / dual meets (Participated in Test matches / continuously three years national winner/ continuously three years winner of Sarav Bharti Inter University.||47|
|A -Senior National Competitions
|A National Competitions (19 to 23 yrs)
Junior National Competitions/ School National Competitions
|Zonal Inter University Competitions||For Participation||14|
|A Sarav Bharti Inter University Competitions
|State level Competitions (Senior)
|State Level Competitions (Junior)
|University level Competitions (Junior)
|Inter Zone Competitions (School)
|Grade achieved||Marks allotted|
Republic day Participation
(Participated in New Delhi Parade)B-Certificate
4 Marks3 Marks
|Grade achieved||Marks allotted|
|C-Certificate (3 years) and National Awardee or University medal||5 Marks|
|Republic day Participation (Participated in New Delhi Parade)||4 Marks|
iii) Procedure for getting the Admission Form: Fee will be deposited online in Director SCERT Bank Account.
(iv) Fees: Application fee for admission to the course by the candidate.
General / BC Rs. 600/
SC Rs. 300/
Ex serviceman (Self) Nil
(v) Conditions for filling of 40 % Management quota seats by Self-financed colleges
• Reservation policy of the Government wpuld be implemented on these seat as such.
• The admission for these seats would be on
• These seats will be filled by only those Course conducted by SCERT during the course and have passed the physical test,
• The affiliated agency would be required tb take permission from SCERT Punjab to fill these seats.
Krishan Kumar, IAS
Secretary to Govt 6f Punjab
Department of School Education