Government of Punjab
Department of School Education
Policy Regarding 2 Years Duration
D.EL.ED. Diploma Course Admission
Admission to Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed.) Course in Government and Private affiliated institutions as per National Council for Teachers Education (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations 2014 through combined merit based centralized admission process to be undertaken by Director, State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Director Public Instructions Secondary and Elementary Education Punjab, Vidya Bhawan, School Education Board, Block E, 6th Floor, Mohali-160062.
The Academic Session 2019-21 will commence from 2nd July, 2019.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
A. Senior Secondary (10+2) Exam or Equivalent passed with minimum 50% marks for General Category and 45% marks for SC/ST Category. No candidate with Re-appear/ Compartment/ Result later etc. in qualifying examination shall be eligible to apply.
B. Candidates appearing in the 10+2 Exam can also apply subject to above conditions.
The D.El.Ed. Programme shall be of duration of 2 academic years; however, the students shall be permitted to complete the programme within a maximum period of three years from the date of admission to the programme.
a. There shall be at least two hundred working days each year exclusive of the period of examination and admission.
b. The institutions shall work for a minimum of 36 hours in a week, during which physical presence in the institution of all the teachers and student teachers is necessary to ensure the availability for advice, guidance, dialogue and consultation as and when required.
c. The minimum attendance of student teachers shall be 80% for the course work including practicum and 90% for school internship.
The intake of seats in this admission for Humanities, Science, Commerce and Vocational Streams will be in the ratio of 60:20:10:10 seats respectively as per combined merit, meant for any institution. However, if any seat remains vacant in a particular stream due to non availability of candidates, the same will be merged in other category/stream on combined merit basis.
As per NCTE rules, the candidates of General Category who have obtained at least 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent will be eligible. Five percent relaxation in marks will be given to SC/ST students. The admission will be on the merit basis. Merit will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying exam i.e. 10+2. No additional marks will be given for Higher Education.
C. Candidates must have passed Punjabi upto Matric level/ standard.
D. To ensure high quality standards, any candidate who has not passed subjects English, Hindi, Punjabi, Science, Social Studies and Mathematics in Class X Examination shall not be eligible to apply for admission to D.El.Ed.
Maximum age limit as on 15-07-2019 for General Category Candidate will be 36 years as per the decision of Hon’ble Punjab and Haryana High Court vide LPA No. 448 of 2015 State of Punjab and another Vs. Wazir Kaur and another dated 31.03.2015 with five years age relaxation for SC/ST Candidates.
For all institutions, reservation for admission shall apply as per the Punjab Government Policy guidelines.
In case of a tie in merit of qualifying examination i.e. 10+2, preference will be given to a Candidate higher in age. In case of further tie of such candidates, preference will be given to candidates having higher marks at Matric level.
Online Application & Processing Fee:-:-
Rs. 600/- for general Category
Rs. 300/-for SC/ST / Handicapped Category
Counseling. Scrutiny and Verification:-
Online counseling will be held for the admissions for the academic session 2019-21, consisting of three phases. A Committee headed by Director, SCERT consisting of two Dy. Directors shall supervise the whole counseling / admission process. The Principals of DIETs and private institutions shall scrutinize the documents of the candidates who are provisionally allotted their institute through online centralized counseling. Three phases of online counseling will be held to complete the admission process. The waiting list of remaining candidates with their merit will be displayed on the website from which the institutions can fill their vacant seats after the 3rd phase of online counseling.
Filling of D.EL.ED Seats in Private Institutions:-
As per the policy of 60% of seats in private institutions will be filled on the basis of combined merit through centralized online counseling by the SCERT and remaining 40% seats of management quota will be filled by the concerned institutions subject to fulfillment minimum qualification mentioned in this notification. The concerned institution will take the permission from SCERT before starting the admission process for the 40% management seats.
The Private Self Financed D.El.Ed Institutions will charge fees as determined by the fee fixation committee and approved by the Department of School Education Govt, of Punjab.
Admission No Guarantee to Government Employment:-
Admission to Government or privately run D.El.Ed Diploma Course or passing of the said course shall not confer any right to employment upon the recipient of such a diploma in the employment of the state or elsewhere.
For admission in D.El.Ed. course in Punjab, applications are sought online from candidates and the counseling is done online as well. Seats are allotted in various DIETs on merit basis. During the process the seats allotted to the trainers are at times far away from their home town. Therefore, the department receives applications regarding migrations from various sources throughout the year. A migration policy has been framed to rationalize this process:-
• This policy has been made keeping in view the need to implement the regular migration policy of the department to ensure that the trainees in Punjab DIETs get educational facilities near their homes
• Under this policy, the trainees studying in self financed (private) colleges affiliated with S.C.E.R.T. will not be entitled to migration.
• Under this policy, only the trainees of first year (first semester) in D.EI.Ed. course will be eligible for migration. The trainees of second year (second semester) in D.EI.Ed. course will not be eligible for migration.
• This policy will apply on mutual and single migration cases.
• Single Migration will be done purely on merit basis. In case the number of applications in a category is more, migration will be done according to the merit.
• Describing the available vacant seats in various DIETs till October 25, after the admission in the first year(first semester) for the purpose of migration of the trainees, a public notice will be issued on the website of the department by October 31, in which details of category wise vacancies will be reported.
• The trainees who want to get migrated will apply online by 10th of November.
• Migration will be done according to the categories. That is if a general category seat is vacant in DIET then only a general category trainee will be migrated to that seat. The same applies to other categories like SC category trainee is eligible for SC category seat, BC category trainee is eligible for BC category seat, Ex Service man category trainee is eligible for Ex Service man category seat, Freedom Fighter category trainee is eligible for Freedom Fighter category seat, Handicapped category trainee is eligible for handicapped category seat.
• In mutual migration cases, both trainees will be migrated only after receiving written consent from the concerned heads of the institution.
• The government holds the authority to give preference to the handicapped and trainees suffering from chronic diseases.
• Students with long absence will not be considered for migration.
This policy will be implemented from the date of issue w.e.f 8.10.2018
No MID-TERM Filling of Seats:-
There shall be no mid term filling up of vacancies caused due to any reason whatsoever.
The admission of any candidate found to have obtained on the basis of false, forged, fabricated or tampered document shall be liable to be cancelled at any stage, besides registering a criminal case against him/her and barring him/her for re-admission in D.EI.Ed for a period of three years.
In case of any dispute the final decision will be taken by the Director SCERT.
Krishan Kumar, IAS
Secretary to Govt. of Punjab
Department of School Education