Chandigarh administration house allotment committee
In exercise of the powers conferred by Rule 45 of the Fundamental Rules and all other powers enabling him in this behalf, the Administrator, union Territory, Chandigarh, hereby makes the following Rules further to amend the “Government Residences (Chandigarh Administration General Pool) Allotment Rules, 1996” namely:-
(i) These rules may be called the “Government Residences (Chandigarh Administration General Pool) Allotment (Amendment) Rules, 2017”.
ii) They shall come into force from the date of their Publication in the Chandigarh Administration Gazette.
In the “Government Residences (Chandigarh Administration General Pool) Allotment Rules, 1996” hereinafter referred to Rules of 1996, in the existing Rule-SR-317-AM-9, the following shall be substituted namely:-
9. Procedure for submission of application for allotment/change of Govt, house:-
i) The Government employee covered under the definition of “Eligible Employee” and working in an “Eligible Office” under Rule 2(h) and 2(i) shall submit his Online application for allotment/change of Govt, house on the prescribed form ‘ A” on the official Website http://admser.chd.nic.in/has/ of House Allotment Committee, U.T., Chandigarh duly filled in and the hard copy of the same shall be forwarded by the Head of Department/Nodal Officer of the Punjab Govt./Haryana Govt. / Punjab and Haryana High Court / Chandigarh Administration.
Provided that the applications received under this Rule on or before 20th day of a Calendar Month shall be considered for allotment in the succeeding month. The applications received from 21st day to the last date of a calendar month shall be entertained/ considered for allotment after the succeeding month.
ii) The application form shall be examined by the House Allotment Committee, U.T., Chandigarh. The incomplete application form or the application form of in-eligible applicants shall be rejected straightaway by the House Allotment Committee, UT, Chandigarh. Thereafter, the applicant shall submit a fresh Online application on the above mentioned official website of Chandigarh Administration after removing the objection(s). After considering the eligible applications, the seniority lists shall be updated every month, on the above mentioned official website of Chandigarh Administration.
iii) There shall be combined seniority list of the employees of Punjab, Haryana, Punjab and Haryana High Court and Chandigarh Administration for the allotment/change of Government residences on the basis of their date of eligibility.
iv) The eligible applicant can check the status of his/her seniority list in respect of the type of house for which he/she has submitted the online application.
v) The Executive Engineer, C.P.Division No.3, Chandigarh shall submit online, an update report of vacant Government houses fit for allotment/ fit for occupation, belonging to Chandigarh Administration General Pool to enable the eligible applicants to ascertain the vacancy report of Government houses.
The Executive Engineer, C.P.Divn.No.3, Chandigarh while updating the online vacation report of Government houses of Chandigarh Administration General Pool shall indicate against each house whether it is fit for allotment or not due to its major renovation/major repair etc. The houses which are not fit for allotment/ fit for occupation shall not figure in the online update vacation report.
vi) The allotment of vacant Government houses shall be made through the “bidding system” every month. The eligible applicants existing in the current seniority list shall submit maximum three options/bids for allotment of a Govt, house of the type applied for, from 1st to 8th of every month. The allotment of any Government house shall be made to the senior most applicant from the total bids received against that house, on the basis of date of their eligibility/ priority. The applicants who are not allotted Govt, houses after bidding, shall have the option to submit/ exercise their bid from 1st to 8th of the succeeding month of the calendar year.
Provided that no allotment shall be made to the eligible applicants who have not participated in the “bid” for allotment of Government house. No written request for allotment of particular houses shall be entertained/ considered by the House Allotment Committee, Chandigarh, in future.
vii) The intimation with regard to the allotment of Government houses to the successful applicant by way of bidding system, shall be given through SMS. The applicants after giving the option/bid, can check their status of the allotment of house in the seniority list on the above mentioned website of Chandigarh Administration.
viii) After getting the allotment order of the Government house, the applicant shall contact the Work Inspector, Occupation/Vacation of the area concerned for taking over the possession of the allotted house within 14 days from the date of issue of the allotment order.
3. In the Government Residences (Chandigarh Administration General Pool) Allotment Rules, 1996 (hereinafter call the said rules – in Rule SR-317-AM-10, the following shall be substituted;-
“Allotment of Residences:-SR-317-AM-10- Save as otherwise provided in these rules, when a residence falls vacant, it will be allotted to the senior most eligible applicant having the earliest priority date for that type of residence, desiring On Turn allotment or Change of accommodation to that type under the provisions of rule 9 or 17. The allotment of a residence of a type higher than that for which the applicant is eligible under rule 5 shall not be allotted and he shall also not be compelled to accept a residence of a type lower than that for which he is eligible under rule 5″.
In the Government Residences (Chandigarh Administration General Pool) Allotment Rules, 1996 (hereinafter call the said rules in Rule SR-317-AM-17, the following shall be substituted namely
17. “Change of Residence-SR-317-AM-17. – –
(1) A Government employee to whom a residence has been allotted under these rules, may apply to the Secretary, house Allotment Committee for a change to another residence of the same type or a residence of the type to which he is eligible under rule 5 and 9, whichever is lower. Not more than one change will be allowed in respect of one type of residence allotted to a government employee.
(2) A government employee, who intends to change the accommodation already allotted to him shall submit his/her online application to the Secretary for such change of residence on the prescribed amended form “A” duly filled in and the hard copy of the same shall be forwarded by the Head of Department/Nodal Officer of the concerned State Govt. After acceptance, the name of the applicant shall be included in the combined current combined seniority list of that type. The inter-se-seniority of the applicants so included shall be determined keeping in view his/her date of eligibility for that type of house.
(3) Change shall be offered in the order of seniority determined in accordance with sub-rule (2) above, having regard to the employee’s preference to the extent possible:
Provided that no change of residence shall be allowed during the period of six months immediately preceding the date of superannuation or within one year of allotment:
Provided that the change will be given in the same type of residence and no change shall be allowed from old types of residences to the new types of residence and vice versa.
Provided that Government employees, to whom residences of the same type have been allotted under these rules, may apply for permission of mutual exchange in Form C appended to these rules and mutual exchange of residences may be allowed.
(4) A Government employee, who fails to accept a change of residence offered to him within twenty one days of the issue of allotment letter shall not be considered again for a change of residence of that type.
(5) A Government employee, who after accepting a change of residence fails to take possession of the same, shall be charged licence fee for such residence in accordance with the provisions of rule 13 in addition to the normal licence fee for the residence already in his possession, the allotment of which shall continue to subsist.
(By order in the name of the
Download: Original Notice