GOVERNMENT OF PUNJAB
DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND URBAN
DEVELOPMENT (HOUSING II BRANCH)
Dated : 6th May, 2013
No. 17/17/2001-5Hg2/ P.F./47962/1
whereas it is the intention of the Government of Punjab to make available affordable houses to weaker section of the Society. Due to high cost of land and construction, thus affordability has been adversely affected.
And whereas there is a slow down in the real estate industry, due to economic slowdown world over, high interest rates, reduced demand etc..
And whereas in order to give a boost to the real estate sector, there is a need to redefine the various potential zones in the state of Punjab on the basis of economic and social potential of the area to make it more realistic, simpler and functional.
And whereas there is a need to promote well planned commercial establishments and to make available work places at affordable prices by reducing Licence fee/EDC etc.
Now, therefore, in order to encourage urban development in the entire State of Punjab and to make it more realistic and to salvage the Real Estate Projects, the Governor of Punjab is pleased to partially modify the notification No. 17/17/01- 5HG2/7623, dt. 19.9.2007, notification No. 17/17/01-5HG2/7639, dt. 19.9.2007, 12/8/2012-5 HG-II/ 5094 dated 16-11-2012 and No.17/17/2001-5Hg2/P-F/1815 dated 29th June, 2010 to the extent as under:-
Potential Zones in Punjab
- Ludhiana within and outside M.C Limits upto 15 Kms.
- Jalandhar within and outside M.C Limits upto 10 Kms.
- Amritsar, Patiala, Khanna, Rajpura, Mandi Gobindgarh, Sirhind and Phagwara within and outside M.C Limits upto 7 Kms..
- Bathinda, Moga, Batala, Pathankot, Barnala, Malerkotla, Morinda, Hoshiarpur, within and outside M.C Limits upto 5 Kms.
- Sangrur, Sunam, Nabha, Faridkot, Kotkapura, Ferozepur, Malout, Abohar, Sri Mukatsar Sahib, Kapurthala, Nawan Shahar, Ropar, Tarn Taran, Gurdaspur, Samana, Jagraon, Mansa, Lalru, Kurali within and outside M.C Limits upto 3 Kms.
- a) NH-1 upto 2Kms on both sides, outside any potential zone.
- b) All other NH (except NH1)/SH/Scheduled Roads upto 1 Kms both sides, outside any potential zone.
- Rest of Punjab
- Master Plan Area of S.A.S.Nagar, Mullanpur, Zirakpur
- Master Plan Area of Kharar , Dera Bassi, Banur
Rates of EDC, CLU, PF/LF and SIF zone wise in the entire State of Punjab
(Rs. in lacs/gross acres)
Where Master Plan has not been notified, the Group Housing shall be charged two times the rate prescribed for Residential plotted development applicable in that particular potential zone.
- 5% of total plot area of Petrol Pump shall be permissible for commercial purposes.
- There shall be moratorium of 10% increase on above mentioned charges from 01-04-2013 to 31-03-2014.
- The SIF Charges for the Marriage Palaces shall be as fixed in above table, however, for other land uses it shall be calculated at the rate of 5% of the total sum of EDC, CLU and PF/LF.
- Increase /decrease in these charges shall be as determined by the Govt. from time to time.
- In case of overlapping of two zones, the rates of higher zone shall be applicable.
- In case the site falls in two or more zones then the proportionate charges as applicable in each zone shall be applicable.
- In case the promoter / land owner has already paid CLU, EDC, License / Permission Fee, SIF etc and got approval for setting up a particular project and later on he / she wants to further change the nature of the project at any stage, for such a purpose for which the CLU, EDC, License / Permission Fee, SIF charges are higher than the already paid charges, then he / she has to pay the difference of these charges to the Government / Urban Development Authority but in case the said charges are less than the already paid charges, then the difference shall not be payable by the Government / Urban Development Authority.
Secretary to Go vernment of Punjab
Department of Housing and Urban Development
Leave a Reply