GOVERNMENT OF PUNJAB
DEPARTMENT OF EXCISE AND TAXATION
The 19th December, 2011
No. S.0.110/P. A.8/2005/S.8-A/2011.—Whereas the Governor of Punjab is satisfied that it is expedient so to do in the public interest;
Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 8-A of the Punjab Value Added Tax Act, 2005 (Punjab Act No. 8 of 2005), and all other powers enabling him in this behalf, the Governor of Punjab is pleased to direct that a Bakery Owner (Manufacturer of Bakery goods) in the State of Punjab, shall at his option, pay lump sum tax in lieu of tax payable under the aforesaid Act, at the rates specified in the Table given below subject to the conditions hereinafter specified, namely :—
|Slab of lumpsum tax on Turnover basis in rupees
|Up to 10 lac
|10 lac and above but less than 25 lacs
|25 lac and above but less than 50 lacs
|50 lac and above but less than 75 lacs
|75 lac and above but less than 1.00 crore
|Above 1 crore
(1) A Bakery Owner may at any time exercise his option, to pay lump sum tax in lieu of tax in the following Form :—
and hand over the same to the Designated Officer. The option exercised in this manner, subject to the correctness of the information furnished, shall be accepted and the lump sum Tax shall be payable for the whole of the month in which the application is made.
(2) The person opting for lump sum tax shall purchase the goods/ ingredients used as inputs for the manufacture of bakery products from within the State on payment of VAT, wherever applicable.
(a) In case a Bakery’ is intended to be closed for the next whole year beginning 1st April, the owner thereof who is liable to pay lump sum tax shall inform the Designated Officer in writing at least ten days before the closure but not after 1 st April.
(b) In case of failure to furnish information about closure of a Bakery in the manner provided in clause (a), it shall be presumed that the Bakery has been functioning normally.
(4) Notwithstanding the operation of a Bakery for a part of the year, the owner thereof shall be liable to make payment of lump sum tax for the whole year except that an owner who opts for payment of lump sum tax for the first time, shall be liable to pay lump sum tax from the beginning of the month in which he exercises his option and for the period before exercising the option for the first time, he shall be liable to pay tax under the usual provisions of the Act.
(5) The Bakery owner shall make the payment of lump sum tax in twelve equal monthly installments, each installment payable by the 30th day of the every month except February. In February it shall be on 28th or 29th day of the month, as the case may be, if the amount is paid in cash. If the amount is paid through crossed cheque or bank draft, then it shall be the 20th day of the month.
(6) The bakery’ goods manufactured should not be branded.
(7) The manufacturing unit and the sale point shall be within the same premises.
(8) The Sale of bakery goods shall be at the single shop owned by the manufacturer. Any subsequent retail sale to a chain of outlet owned by manufacturer shall not be exempted.
Secretary to Government of Punjab,
Department of Excise and Taxation.
Download: Original File