Punjab School Teachers Re-Employment Act, 2006
(PUNJAB ACT NO. 23 OF 2006)
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Punjab in I he Fifty-seventh Year of the Republic of India as follows:-
1. Short title and commencement:
- This Act may be called the Punjab School Teachers’ Re-employment Act, 2006.
- It shall come into force at once.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires:-
- “State Government” means the Government of the State of Punjab in the Department of Education ; and
- “teacher” means a regular teacher, who serves in a School, located in the State of Punjab.
3. Re-employment of teachers after attaining the age of superannuation:
Notwithstanding anything contained in any law or service rules applicable to the teachers, all such teachers, who would otherwise have retired from service on completing fifty eight years of normal age of superannuation on any day falling between the 1st day of April of a year and the last day of the month of February of the succeeding year, shall, except in case of their otherwise voluntary option, continue in service, and shall be deemed to be re-employed after the date of superannuation up to the 31st day of the following month of March :
Provided that during the aforesaid period of re-employment, the teachers shall be paid remuneration equivalent to the difference between their last pay drawn and the pension, admissible to them.
4. Repeal and Saving:
- The Punjab School Teachers’ Re-employment Ordinance, 2006 (Punjab Ordinance No. 2 of 2006), is hereby repealed.
- Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the Ordinance referred to in sub-section (I), shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of this Act.
Download: Original Act