Public Notice for the Post of Member in Punjab State Electricity Regulator Commission
1. Applications are invited from interested eligible persons for the post of Member in Punjab State Electricity Regulatory Commission, Chandigarh in the Scale of Rs.67000-79000 without Grade Pay.
2. In terms of Section 84 (1) of the Electricity Act, 2003, in order to be appointed as the Member of the State Electricity Regulatory Commission, the applicant should be person of ability, integrity and standing, having adequate knowledge of, and capacity in dealing with problems relating to engineering, finance, commerce, economic, law or management. In addition, the applicant should atleast be graduate and should be working or should have worked on a post with pay scale equal to or higher than that of Joint Secretary to Government of India/Chief Engineer.
3. Preference would be given to the applicants having working knowledge of Punjabi.
4. An applicant, who is in service, must submit an undertaking from his employer that they would have no objection in relieving him in case he is offered appointment.
5. The applicant should not have any financial or other interest which is likely to affect prejudicially in functions as Member of the Commission.
6. In terms of the provision of Section 89 of the Electricity Act, 2003, the Member shall hold office for a term of 5 years from the date he enters upon the office;
Provided that he/she shall not hold office as such after he/she has attained the age of 65 years.
7. The salary, allowances and other terms and conditions of service of the Member shall be as per the Punjab State Electricity Regulatory Commission, Chairperson and Members’ Salaries, Allowances and other Terms and Conditions of Service Rules, 2006 as amended from time to time.
8. The interested persons may send their applications neatly typed in English and duly signed alongwith copies of certificates/documents in respect of proof of age, basic/essential qualifications, experience and “No Objection Certificate” from the concerned organization where already employed must be sent by Registered Post or in person in a cover subscribed “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF MEMBER IN PSERC” should reach in the office of the Superintendent (Energy Branch), Department of Power, Government of Punjab, Room No.315, 3rd Floor, Punjab Civil Secretariat-2, Sector-9, Chandigarh latest by 5:00 PM on 23rd May, 2017.The application received after the due date is liable to be rejected.
9. Applicants are requested to mention the following in their Bio Data: –
- Father’s name:
- Address with Telephone/Mobile Numbers:
- Age and Date of Birth:
- Position presently held:
- Educational Qualifications:
- Whether candidate possesses working knowledge of Punjabi:
- Details of posts previously held and experience:
- Any other relevant information:
Besides, the detailed applications as above, the applicants shall also submit a summary, of not more than one page, of their experience in the tariff and regulatory matters.
10. Applicants, who applied earlier for this post, will now have to apply afresh, if interested, as per the above Terms and Conditions.
Download: Original Notice