GOVERNMENT OF PUNJAB
DEPARTMENT OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT AND PANCHAYATS
The 17th July, 2008
No. G.S.R. 38/P.A.9/1994/Ss. 196 and 227/Amd.(1)/2008.-
With reference to Government Punjab, Department of Rural Development and Panchayats, Notification No. G.S.R. 33/P.A.9/94/Ss. 196 and 227/Amd./2007, dated 24th October, 2007 and in exercise of the powers conferred by section 227 round with sub-section (2) of section 196 of the Punjab Panchayati Raj Act, 1994 (Punjab Act No 9 of 1994) and all other powers enabling him in this behalf, the Governor of Punjab is pleased to take the following rules further to amend the Punjab Panchayati Raj Teachers (Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 2006, namely:-
1. Short title and Commencement.—(1) These rules may be called the Punjab Panchayati Raj Primary Teachers (Recruitment and Conditions of Service) (First Amendment) Rules, 2008.
2. In the Punjab Panchayati Raj Primary Teachers (Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 2006 (hereinafter referred to as the said rules), in rule 10, in sub-rule (1),-
(i) in clause (b), the word “and”, occurring at the end, shall be omitted; and
(ii) clause (c) shall be omitted.
3. In the said rules, in rule 11, for sub-rules (2) and (3), the following sub-rules shall be substituted, namely:-
“(2) No appointment shall be made from outside the district. No transfer shall be made, except in the following circumstances and cases, namely:-
(a) on promotion against the vacant post within the district;
(b) by mutual transfer;
(c) in case of marriage, against the vacant post;
(d) in case of a handicapped person or a widow or a divorcee, against the vacant post; and
(3) The transfer will be made within the Block, in case sanctioned teacher strength in the school is revised as per the norms of Government.
(4) The merit will be prepared by adding the percentage of marks obtained in 10+2 Examination or its equivalent and in E.T.T.:
Provided that in the case of candidates. who have passed Middle and Matriculation Examination from the schools, situated in rural areas in the State of Punjab, five extra marks will be given to them and the same would added in their merit as determined in the aforesaid manner.
(5) In case of non availability of eligible E.T T. candidates, the candidates having B.A./B Sc/B.Com. and B.Ed. qualifications will be considered and their separate merit will be prepared in the manner mentioned in sub-rule (4).
Example : A candidate having sixty-two per cent in 10+2 examination and seventy-two percent in E.T.T. will have 62+72=134 scores. No other marks except as provided in sub rule (4) for a candidate of rural area shall be given for any other qualification or activities. In case of equal marks, older in age,shall be placed higher in merit. In the same way, separate merit shall be prepared for B.A./B.Sc./ B.Com. and B.Ed. candidates. A joint merit, applying the same criteria will be prepared for the purposes of seniority”.
Sd/- G. S. SANDHU
Financial Commissioner and Principal
Secretary to Government of Punjab
Department of Rural Development and Panchayats.