Name of the Scheme:- Pre matric scholarship scheme for minority communities
1. Objective of the scheme in brief:
Scholarship at Pre-Matric level is given to encourage parents to send their school going children to schools, lighten their financial burden and ultimately empowering them through education.
2. Eligibility criteria/who can apply:
Scholarship is awarded to the students who are studying from 1st to 10th class in Govt, or private schools. Student should have secured not less then 50% marks in the previous examination and the annual income of parents from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1 lac. The student should be resident of Punjab State and regular in attendance. Scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family.
3. Benefits/Assistance given:-
|1.||Admission fee from class VI to X||Rs. 500/- p.a. subject to actuals.||Rs. 500/- p.a. subject to actuals.|
|2.||Tuition fee from class VI to X||Rs. 350/- p.m. subject to actuals.||Rs. 350/- p,m. subject to actuals.|
|3.||Maintenance allowance will be payable for a period not exceeding 10 months in an academic year.|
|(i) Class I to V||Nil I||Rs. 100/-p.m.|
|(ii) Class VI to X||Rs. 600/- pm. subiect to actuals.||Rs. 100/-p.m.|
4. Format of Application Form(to be attached as Annexure):
5. List of document required to be submitted by the beneficiary(attach specimen formats as Annexure(s), wherever required:
Baptism Certificate and Caste Certificate.
6. How to apply/Procedure to submit application:
The students studying in Elementary, Middle & High schools level, to apply through their schools and schools send the demand alongwith application forms duly filled up to the District Education Officer concerned, who consolidates the demand of the district and forwards the proposal in soft & hard copy to the Welfare Department.
7. Where to submit application:
Student -> School head/principal -> D.E.O (SE) -> Welfare Department
8. Service delivery time-line: online payment by welfare deparments
9. Formats of sanctions to be received by the beneficiary(to be added asAnnexure):
Scholarship Amount online transfer by Welfare Department to the beneficiary
10. Whom to contact:-
OSD(Scholarship),O/o DGSE, Punjab. Contact no.:- 0172-2234531