Name of scheme:- Free text book scheme
1. Objective of the scheme in brief:-
The aim of the scheme is to provide free of cost text books to the scheduled caste girls of BPL families studying at school/college level in class 11th and 12th. So, as to relieve the parents/guardians of these students from the financial burden which they cannot afford due to poverty.
2. Eligibility criteria/ who can apply:-
Scheduled caste girls of BPL families studying in government as well as private recognized schools/colleges.
3. Benefits/ Assistance given :-
The benefits of the scheme will be given to the girl students of BPL families.
4. Format of Application Form:-
List of the students by the DEO sent to District Welfare officer for Distribution.
5. List of document required to be submitted by the beneficiary (attach specimen formats as Annexure(s), wherever required:-
6. How to apply/ Procedure to submit application:-District welfare officer.
On receipt of class wise, subject wise and medium wise demand of BPL SC girl students studying in 11th and 12th class from DEO to District Welfare officer(DWO)
7. Where to submit application :-
District Welfare officer(DWO).
8. Service delivery time-line :-
Amount will be sanctioned and drawn by Welfare department for purchase of books.
9. Formats of sanctions to be received by the beneficiary (to be added as Annexure)- Text books to the scheduled caste girls of Below Poverty Line families.
10. Whom to contact:-
OSD(Scholarship),0/o Director General School Education,Punjab. 0172-2234531