BABU JAGJIVAN RAM CHHATRAWAS YOJNA
OBJECTIVIES OF THE REVISED SCHEME
The primary objective of the revised scheme is to attract the implementing agencies for undertaking hostel construction programme, especially for SC Girls towards the broader vision of containment and reduction of their drop-out rate. The other objectives are (i) having a girls hostel with a capacity of 100 seats, in every block headquarters/of low literacy Districts not having one now, by way of priority, (ii) reduction in gestation of construction period and (iii) having an effective mechanism for monitoring review, quality control etc.
IMPLEMENTING AGENCIES AND ELIGIBILITY
The scheme will be implemented through the State Government/ Union Territory Administrations and the Central & State University/institutions and they will be provided eligible central assistance as per provision of the scheme, both for fresh construction of hostel buildings and for expansion of the existing hostel facilities. The Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) and deemed Universities in the private sector having good track record will be eligible for the central assistance under the scheme only for expansion of their existing hostel facilities. The capacity per hostel should not exceed 100 students.
Hostels for SC Girls
(a) 100% central assistance would be provided to the State Governments;
(b) 90% central assistance would be provided to NGOs and deemed Universities in the private sector, only for expansion of the existing hostel facilities.
Hostel for SC Boys
(a) 50% central assistance to State Government on matching share basis ;
(b) 90% central assistance to Central Universities /institutions (remaining 10% cost to be borne by the university/institution concerned), while for State Universities/ institutions, the central assistance would be 45%, the remaining 55% cost to be borne by the University/institution and the State Government /UT Administration concerned in the ratio of 10:45);
(c) 45% central assistance to Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) and deemed Universities in the Private sector, only for expansion of their existing hostel (the remaining 55% cost to be borne by the agency concerned and the State
Government/UT Administration in the ratio of 10:45);
Leave a Reply